Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Ye jo chilman hai... dushman hai hamaare !!!!

Ye jo chilman hai, dushman hai hamaare,
kitanee sharamilee, dulhan hai hamaaree
Movie - Maheboob Ki Mahendi

Tell me which is the most parlous disease for human beings in this world? AIDS? cancer? tuberculosis? - NO, these diseases kill the body, but there is a disease which does not kill body but kills your whole existence and its name is 'Conjunctivitis'.

Lets see how. Last week my eyes were paining. I visited the doctor at IIT Hospital, found had conjunctivitis. I was quite fine with myself, but gradually this news started spreading among floor mates, friends and others. My gosh !!!! people's behaviour suddenly changed !!!! While normally talking with me, if they accidentally happened to look into my eyes, they screamed "conjunctivitis !!!! :o " and they were just throwing themselves back as if they have got electrical shock. People started keeping 4-5 feet distance while talking to me. If my eyes were not covered by something then they would cover their own eyes, but there should not be eye contact at all. If my any friend needed to talk to me for something then he would not face me, but we would have to stand back to back - as if MunnaBhai is telling sorry to Circuit at Mahim Beach :).

In short it became question of my existence. I indeed realized how Gandhiji would have felt against the racism when he was thrown out of the train. But the almighty is there with every true person. I started getting strength when one of my neighbour also got conjunctivitis. Instead of being sorry about his health, I was happy to get 2nd member of anti-racism community :). Gradually 6 people on my floor got conjunctivitis and hence became part of this abandoned family. As we were not allowed to enter in hostel mess and food was supplied to our rooms, we started eating to gather in my room. We would freely talk with each other, especially in front of those who were not talking to us. Just in a few days, as rumoured, almost 30% of the wing mates got conjunctivitis. An orkut community named 'H12-Conjunctivitis' stared :) and then came dawn to soul killing gruelling darkness :).

I remember Bapu once telling ...
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"

Anyway I just wrote this for fun. Infact old friends helped me a lot and got new friends too. Any ya !!!! now a days in my college, resume writing is going on in full bloom. Shall I write in my resume with bold font in leadership skills section that "Lead Anti-conjunctivitis Racism Movement, September 2007" ???? :p

2 Comments:

Blogger Yunus said...

That was really funny Dhaval !!! I have not thought that somebody can feel this also due to conjuctivities.....

7:48 PM  
Blogger BOPPANA RAJESH said...

Hey, its not 6 others got conjuctivitis, to increase your community(conjuctivitis) community you only gave it to others. You are a vampire of our hostel wing.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home