Saturday, November 05, 2005

Teri galiyo me na rakhenge kadam......

Teri galiyo me na rakhenge kadam aaj ke baad,
tere milane ko na aayenge sanam , aaj ke baad.....
-Hawas(1970)

Hey folks...... Have you ever been to South India? Welcome its really great land to be upon. Have you ever visited Andra Pradesh ??? Its really cleanest state I have ever seen. One more question have you ever come to Hyderabad ? If your answer is yes then also tell me have you ever had food here ???? (I am sure you wont reply 'yes', instead you will say that on that day you decided not to come to Hyderabad again...)

To mere pyare dosto..... my story starts here. Hyderabad is city where 80% of total food is non-veg and chilly.And rest of 20% of veg food contains RICE and only RICE. A few days back on great Sunday I was working in my office as usual and at around noon I started my endless voyage of North Indian (somewhat north indian....:-) ) food. I went 2 km away in a area name Punjagutta circle ,the road starting from which is famous for food restaurants. I searched for half an hour but couldnt find a single place providing me "Roti".

I came back to my office with little disappointment and went to a different direction where I had a food before with intense hope of getting my belly full. I went inside ,smiled and asked "Chappaties available ?"..... In reply ...smile and "no sir"....

At last I HAD TO go to the last remaining street (which only remains from my company location after visiting all previously mentioned roads) which again contains good no of restaurents... but almost all cafes were non-veg.... Among that I found one PURE VEG (and pure south indian) restaurant and you cant imagine my joy.... I asked for a meal... and got a dish full of hot rice and two Subjies. I was waiting for Roties to come but it didnt happen for next some minutes... so my hunger provoked me to start with rice and wait for Roti. But suddenly I observed that there was no one eating Roti there and only rice was available...

I was angry like anything.... As king Muchkund decided to brun out KalYavan with his anger ,I decided to assault on rice. I asked for rice five times of my daily food quantity ...... I ate it with subji, dal ... As I finished my last seed of rice , waiter again came and pour bowl of rice in my dish.. I was not gonaa slip back... I ate them with curd and banana.... still my anger was not satisfied and I again asked for rice and ate with "Rasam"(I had never eaten it before).. Honestly by that time rice was coming out of my mouth.... but again just to indulge my anger, I asked for more rice and ate it dry......

I could hardly stand up and could not ride my bicycle. I didn't eat anything for next two days... and don't ask about digesting system...... I was in bed for one and half day singing above song.....

"Teri galiyo me na rakhenge kadam aaj ke baad......"

3 Comments:

Blogger Piggy Little said...

i like ur way of writing. really really amusing. smiles and happiness spreads because we share it. came across ur blog from malays'.

do keep writing, its beautiful!

neha

12:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey came across ur blog...nd it was nice in fact hilarious to learn how a northy is adjusting(???)amongst hyederabaadi nawabs...(:D)

Now atleast m happy that Blore is not that bad....as far as chapatiis and rice are concerned!!! [:D]

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home